‘Grounding’ is the act of consciously connecting our energies to Mother Earth.
Grounding is important for many reasons:
1. Our bodies are made from Earth materials…so they are directly linked to the Earth.
2. We are living on the planet, so we are directly connected to, and dependent upon the Earth. We are not separate from the Earth, and as one, it is important to allow our bodies to stay in harmony with the Earth.
3. Because of the electromagnetic field that surrounds our bodies, our bodies can easily build up unwanted charges that cause us to feel anxious or unbalanced. By connecting our energies with the Earth’s energies, the Earth can ‘ground off’ the excess electrical build up and help us to feel more peaceful, calm and balanced.
4. We create with our thoughts and emotions, which are non-physical. In order to bring our creations into the physical realm, we must ‘ground’ them into the Earth plane.
5. The Earth is a sentient Being…and is willing to assist us whenever we ask. By connecting our energies to hers, or ‘grounding’…she can offer our bodies direct assistance by showing them qualities such as balance, stability, comfort and neutrality.
There are MANY ways of grounding, but the common thread between them all is connecting your energy to the Earth.
I’ll share two of my favorites with you:
-Imagine that you are standing (or you can actually stand up) and imagine that your feet are at the core of the Earth and that the crust of the Earth is at your waist.
-Allow your energy to sink into the Earth.
-Inhale into your Heart space, and then exhale out through your feet into the core (Heart) of Mother Earth.
-Then inhale back in through the bottoms of your feet and draw the energy up into your Heart.
-Feel the connection between Your Heart and the Heart of Mother Earth.
-Continue breathing back and forth, heart to heart until you feel peaceful, calm and relaxed.
-Imagine that there is a cord that extends downward from your tailbone to the core of the Earth.
-Allow the cord to produce ‘roots’ that wrap securely around the core of the Earth.
-Inhale into your Heart, then exhale down through the cord into the core of the Earth.
-Inhale back up through the cord into your Heart.
-Breathe back and forth, heart to heart, through the cord until you feel balanced, stable and secure.
Connecting to Source
You can take your grounding one step further by placing your attention on the Great Central Sun of Source Energy above your head.
While grounding and breathing with the Earth, allow your breath to move the energies further up through the top of your head and connect to the Great Central Sun.
Once you’ve inhaled into your Heart, then exhale out through the top of your head into the core of the Great Central Sun. Feel your connection to the Divine realms. Then inhale back down through the top of your head into your heart.
The whole exercise goes like this:
-Inhale into your Heart
-Exhale down into the Earth, allowing your energies to drop into the Heart of the Earth
-Inhale up through your feet into your Heart
-Exhale out through the top of your head connecting upward to the Great Central Sun
-Inhale back down through the top of your head into your Heart
-Exhale back down into the Earth
This is a great way to both expand and ground at the same time. It establishes your connection to Source and to Gaia simultaneously. It is a wonderful way to balance your energies and get them flowing smoothly in just a few short breaths.
The more you practice this, the stronger your connection will become and the smoother your energies will flow.
Please feel free to download this information. I've attached the .pdf file below for your convenience! -Lisa :-)